Marilyn Monroe Quotes: Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.
2. Dreaming about being an actress is more exciting than being one.
3. First, I’m trying to prove to myself that I’m a person. Then maybe I’ll convince myself that I’m an actress.
4. Hollywood is a place where they’ll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
5. I have feelings, too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
6. I don’t know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
7. Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.
8. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.
9. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
10. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
11. A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left.
12. I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
13. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie?
14. Keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
15. Just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them.
16. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.
17. It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.
18. Ever notice how ‘What the hell’ is always the right answer?
19. When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them.
20. Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.
21. We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
22. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.
23. I don’t mind living in a man’s world, as long as I can be a woman in it.
24. No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they’re pretty, even if they aren’t.
25. The nicest thing for me is sleep, than at least I can dream.
26. Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
More Famous Quotes by Marilyn Monroe
27. It’s not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.
28. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
29. We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.
30. If I’d observed all the rules I’d never have got anywhere.
31. I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made.
32. Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.
33. I don’t mind making jokes, but I don’t want to look like one.
34. I don’t want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.
35. You never know what life is like, until you have lived it.
36. Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
37. I restore myself when I’m alone.
38. The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.
39. We are all born sexual creatures, thank God, but it’s a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift.
40. All a girl really wants is for one guy to prove to her that they are not all the same.
41. I’m very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.
42. What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course!
43. If I play a stupid girl and ask a stupid question, I’ve got to follow it through, what am I supposed to do, look intelligent?
More Marilyn Monroe Quotes and Sayings About Life
44. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
45. I’ve been on a calendar, but never on time.
46. I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.
47. A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing.
48. I live to succeed, not to please you or anyone else.
49. Some people have been unkind. If I say I want to grow as an actress, they look at my figure. If I say I want to develop, to learn my craft, they laugh. Somehow they don’t expect me to be serious about my work.
50. Too often they don’t realize what they have until it’s gone. They’re too stubborn to say, ‘Sorry, I was wrong.’ They hurt the ones closest to their hearts, and we let the most foolish things tear us apart.
51. I’ve often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people.
52. Your clothes should be tight enough to show you’re a woman but loose enough to show you’re a lady.
53. It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
54. When you’re young and healthy you can plan on Monday to commit suicide, and by Wednesday you’re laughing again.
55. It’s better for the whole world to know you, even as a sex star, than never to be known at all.
56. Men are always ready to respect anything that bores them.
57. People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn’t see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one.
58. I’m the type of person that tries to fall back asleep in the morning just to finish a dream.
59. I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.
60. I said pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together.