Motivational Quotes: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up. —Rocky Balboa
Strength doesn’t come from what you CAN DO. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you COULDN’T.
2. Somewhere behind the athlete you’ve become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back… Play for her.
3. You don’t want to look back and know you could’ve done better.
4. Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
5. It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.
6. I am gonna show you how great I am.
7. There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.
8. Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
9. Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.
10. If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.
11. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.
12. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
More Motivational Quotes for Athletes
13. Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.
14. Practice as if you are the worst, perform as if you are the best.
15. Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success.
16. Train insane or remain the same.
17. Losers quit when they’re tired. Winners quit when they’ve won.
18. The body achieves what the mind believes.
19. Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Crying is acceptable. Blood is acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Quitting is not.
20. The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection, but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure.
21. It always hurts before it gets better.
22. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
23. Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
24. There is no glory in practice, but without practice, there is no glory.
More Motivational Sports Quotes for Athletes
25. Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else.
26. Let your fear of failure be your motivation to succeed.
27. Tough times don’t last; tough people do.
28. Will it be easy? Nope. Worth it? Absolutely.
29. Start unknown. Finish unforgettable.
30. Success at anything will always come down to this: Focus and effort. And we control both.
More Inspirational Quotes for Athletes
31. Winners are not those who never fail. They are those who never quit.
32. It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to it’s max. There will be temptation. But I promise you this… When you reach your goal, it will have been WORTH IT.
33. I’m not here to be average. I’m here to be awesome.
34. Every Pro was once an amateur. Every expert was once a beginner. So dream big. And start now.
35. Never Quit. If you stumble get back up. What happened yesterday no longer matters. Today is another day so get on track. And move closer to your dreams and goals. You can do it.
36. If at first you don’t succeed… Try doing what your COACH told you to do the first time.